Saturday, April 25, 2009

Being There

About a week and a half ago I flew to California to be with an internet friend of only a few months when she was baptized. I knew it was the right thing to do, even though it cost a fair amount of money to purchase tickets for the flight and rent a car. Although I stayed with a daughter who lives about a hundred miles from where the baptism was held, I felt it would be an imposition to borrow a car or expect my daughter or her husband to pick me up from the airport and deliver me there afterward when I was spending only a few daylight hours with them in addition to having a place to sleep for two nights.
Although 'reason stared', the Spirit confirmed that I was doing the right thing. For several reasons I believe that I was needed and was called to make the trip and give my support and guidance at a critical moment. I often ask to be guided in my actions, and this time I truly believe I was. My friend's new ward gives every indication of providing her with the support a new convert needs.

No comments: