Saturday, February 04, 2017

Fasting from Facebook

There is a whole lot of self-righteousness going on nowadays. I'm afraid I've become part of the problem. I decided it is better for me to come here to my private little corner that no one ever reads if I feel moved to give an opinion about something. Rereading last weeks post I realized I had already nailed it. There is a lot of pot stirring going on and I don't need to participate. I have a project that I came up with after watching the Inauguration. I was struck by the beauty of the pale blue suit worn by the First Lady. For some reason shades of true blue particularly Skyblue have not been popular the past few years. In the late 80s I made a shirtdress for myself of sky-blue silk with a stripes woven in that were the same color. I wore it with a set of blue topaz jewelry including a necklace, earrings and a ring. As near as I remember I haven't had anything to wear the same color for more than 20 years but I still have the blue Topaz jewelry. I decided that I would like to have another pale blue outfit and I found that it is very difficult to obtain. After failing to find anything that would fit me online I decided to see if I could make something. Finding pale blue woolen dress fabric proved fruitless. Finally I ordered a cashmere lashing shawl from Amazon in the right color, but my other pashmina shawls are quite lightweight and I feared that my endeavor would prove fruitless again. To my delight, the weight of the shawl was denser than I had expected. Now I just have to figure out how to utilize it in the best way. I have a number of patterns from the time that I did a lot of sewing and I have a working sewing machine. I had my son take a picture of me so that I could get a good idea of what design I would like to create.

No comments: